From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 02:43:40
2 > Attached is a patch for glep 39 which will make this change.
3 >
4 > Thoughts?
7 William,
8
9 the actions of all projects can be appealed with the council. So this doesnt
10 make too much sense, unless you want council members to be temporarily retired
11 from Gentoo.
12
13 This is precisely why we have the listing of candidates for the council
14 elections, where comrel, qa, and infra members are clearly marked. If you
15 don't want any overlap, don't vote for these candidates, as simple as that.
16
17 Something else though...
18
19 Do you really think that working on comrel issues is "fun" and that this is a
20 much sought-after position?
21
22 Just about the only appeal of being comrel member that I could imagine is some
23 diffuse feeling of power, but believe me that is very quickly offset by the
24 xxxx you have to digest. (Of course one could try to just join the team and
25 not do anything, but that's not what I am talking about.) Also it's a bit like
26 described in the Hitchhiker's guide, everyone who really really wants to do it
27 is essentially unsuited for the job.
28
29 Food for thought...
30
31 I'm against this change to GLEP39, and challenge everyone who doesn't want me
32 on the council to not vote for me in the next election. Cheers!
33
34 Andreas
37 Andreas K. Hüttel
38 dilfridge@g.o
39 Gentoo Linux developer
40 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)