From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Power balance
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 10:34:52
1 >>>>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2
3 > Gentoo power balance was carefully crafted over the years. However
4 > during last year that balance was disrupted:
5
6 > 1. The same person can now be in the Gentoo Council and the Trustees
7 > board.
8
9 Ultimately, the electorate is going to decide if that will actually
10 happen. Personally, I wouldn't vote for the same person in both Council
11 and Trustee elections.
12
13 > 2. QA can now bypass Comrel on bans.
14
15 Yeah, and I had a part in mitigating it by limiting the duration of such
16 bans to 14 days, instead of 30 days as originally proposed. (Which I was
17 heavily criticised for and accused of being "childish" in another mail
18 sent to -project earlier today. I guess it's impossible to please
19 everybody.)
20
21 Ulrich