From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Re: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008] (fwd)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:57:56
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > I do believe I addressed all your nonsense before you even posted it.
3 > Now please don't do it again. I'm going to be ignoring anything further
4 > along those lines.
5 >
6 No you just focussed on the aside at the end, understandably (while avoiding
7 the point that, as ever, you expect to use the Gentoo ebuild tree.) The
8 points I was making:
9 >> A Council that simultaneously says
10 >> "yes, we were behind musikc's actions" and "no, it was solely musikc's
11 >> decision"? That's a lot like the old days.
12 >>
13 > Saying it's someone's call and that you support them in making that
14 > decision strikes me as the chain-of-command in operation.
15
16 Would you care to comment on that? It is perfectly possible to endorse a
17 decision made by someone else, while having played no part in the
18 decision-making process. It's called delegation.
19
20 > And I note you're not saying that you think the Council have been slacking
21 > in the way you outlined in your earlier post as the motivation for this
22 > policy.
23
24 Which is still the case: you're not saying the current Council are slackers.
25 If you feel they are, please explain how, since they seem to have kept up
26 with far more meetings than you outlined in your earlier post as being the
27 bad old days.
28
29 Nor was this meeting announced anywhere apart from at the tail end of
30 another long meeting, and in the summary of said, which understandably
31 attendees don't usually read.
32
33 I for one would much rather see the Council get on with discussing the
34 devrel issue, than wasting a large amount of scarce time and manpower on an
35 election. They're not slacking, they messed up: big deal; life's messy
36 sometimes.
40 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list