From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Proposed Revisions to QA GLEP-48
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 18:05:39
1 On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
2 <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 > Note, applies to all drafts: what if the council doesn't want to confirm
4 > the elected lead? Another election? Council appoints their own guy?
5
6 That was in part why I defined options 2-3. If the lead is not
7 confirmed, then there is no lead. When there is no lead the council
8 can appoint an interim lead. So, until the team picks a lead the
9 council can live with, the council has the right to appoint one.
10
11 > Are there any protections about being simultaneously a Council member
12 > and QA team lead/deputy?
13
14 I see no issues with this. They're still accountable to the entire
15 council either way.
18 > If there is a conflict between a developer and QA that gets escalated to
19 > Comrel and the developer appeals to Council, this appeal process will
20 > still work - right?
21
22 Yup. That's the ultimate control. The Council is in the de-facto
23 rule of the QA lead no matter what - this is just about not
24 micro-managing the QA team.
25
26 Rich