From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-09-10
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:35:32
1 El jue, 19-09-2013 a las 08:21 -0500, Daniel Campbell escribió:
2 > On 09/19/2013 01:07 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > El mié, 18-09-2013 a las 23:33 -0500, Daniel Campbell escribió:
4 > > [...]
5 > >> Additionally, I couldn't really come up with a solid goal to work on; an
6 > >> answer to "why do you want to become a developer?" My computing
7 > >> interests lie in problems that are already solved for the most part (IOW
8 > >> I don't know how to find an unsolved problem). My favorite software
9 > >> already has capable maintainers on Gentoo, as well. So if I found myself
10 > >> as a developer, I don't know what I would work on. I'm interested in
11 > >> writing better guides for things, making corrections, updating out-dated
12 > >> stuff, and wouldn't mind adding new packages to portage, but that
13 > >> strikes me as something general that all developers pretty much do already.
14 > >
15 > > Maybe you could help in things like maintainer-needed alias -> that
16 > > requires to fix some random stuff from time to time, make bumps... Apart
17 > > of that, on what areas/teams are you interested?
21 > Helping out on packages that don't get much attention could be
22 > gratifying. I don't think I'd mind that, depending on how difficult the
23 > packages are to maintain. :p
24
25 It depends on each package, when I had time to take care of
26 maintainer-needed bugs (not much currently :S), I simply reviewed the
27 opened bugs against them and tried to fix some ;)
28
29 [...]
30 > Gaming is fairly important to me, too... I could help add or maintain
31 > games that'll run on Gentoo. It's really a blank slate to me.
34 Maybe could be an option, others are the things you use frequently :)