From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A committee to review umbrellas as a new home for Gentoo assets.
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 17:34:14
1 On Friday, January 27, 2017 3:54:50 PM EST Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 01/26/2017 04:57 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 > > That sends a HORRIBLE message to people outside the project. Why would
4 > > anyone want to put their neck on the line. Be legally responsible for
5 > > others. Who in turn treat them such ways?
6 >
7 > At least from my perspective they did the correct thing so it has
8 > increased my belief in historical Gentoo actions.
9
10 Clearly you have the wrong perspective. Driving away people getting stuff done
11 to replace them with people who do not. That is not a good thing!
12
13 Things like The SPI/SFC would have been resolved years ago. That is hardly
14 progress that they are still not done and being discussed a decade later.
15
16 > Now please stop spamming the mailing list, we've gotten your point.
17
18 Clearly you have not given your previous comment and this one.
19
20 Spamming is discussing something like umbrella organizations. When no one has
21 even bothered to find out if Gentoo could even be accepted. Not to mention a
22 topic covered several times in the past on the proper mailing list -nfp.
25 William L. Thomson Jr.