From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Usefulness of Project:Programming (lang-misc)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 05:43:59
1 On nie, 2017-07-30 at 08:35 +0300, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > Ühel kenal päeval, L, 29.07.2017 kell 15:35, kirjutas Andreas K.
3 > Huettel:
4 > > Am Freitag, 28. Juli 2017, 23:36:04 CEST schrieb Michał Górny:
5 > > > Hi,
6 > > >
7 > > > When looking through projects with no members, I've noticed that we
8 > > > have
9 > > > a project called 'Programming' [1], aliased to lang-misc@g.o. It
10 > > > doesn't
11 > > > seem to be touched since being migrated from the old site, and it
12 > > > houses
13 > > > three subprojects: Ada, Haskell and Ruby. The mail alias points to
14 > > > /dev/null (literally).
15 > > >
16 > > > Do you think anything of value in this project? Or can I just
17 > > > disband
18 > > > it, and move the subprojects to top scope?
19 > >
20 > > Well some lenghty time ago I proposed (as member of the
21 > > "Metastructure
22 > > project", yay!) to move all programming languages under that umbrella
23 > > - mostly
24 > > to clean up our organizational graph. Nobody was really happy about
25 > > that idea.
26 > >
27 > > So yes, either use it consistently or disband it. Current state makes
28 > > no
29 > > sense.
30 >
31 > Given we have really no other way of grouping of projects, I meanwhile
32 > support the idea of near-empty projects housing other subprojects. E.g
33 > desktop that was disbanded on even more questionable circumstances.
34 >
35 > Or maybe the wiki people could whip something up to categorize and
36 > group things?
39 To what purpose, exactly?
42 Best regards,
43 Michał Górny