From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 12:15:45
1 On Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:46:14 AM EST Michał Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > There is a difference between operating in public from day one,
4 > and asking someone to expose possibly-confidential facts.
5 > For the latter, you need agreement of all interested parties.
6
7 Please this is Gentoo, what really needs to be confidential? This is not
8 proprietary stuff. This is not governmental secretive work. Nothing need be
9 confidential. Point blank period.
10
11 Only exception as stated is matters of technical security vulnerabilities till
12 addressed or a solution available.
13
14 > Did you ever estimate how much harm to actual Gentoo development do
15 > never-ending mailing list threads that bring no point whatsoever except
16 > for provoking a lot of developers to reply, who would otherwise be
17 > doing technical work on Gentoo?
18
19 Given the fact Gentoo mailing lists go inactive for periods of time. Given the
20 fact that lots of things have issues no one notices. You are assuming Gentoo
21 is much more popular that it is.
22
23 You are also assuming I am not doing any work....
24
25 If I wasn't limited to commenting on lists, Maybe Gentoo would be benefiting
26 from my work. Work that needs to be done per things you have proposed but
27 expect others to do the leg work like EAPI 6 changes etc.
28
29 Just because you get no benefit from a lengthy thread on a mailing list. Do not
30 assume others or the larger community has no interest.
31
32 Sorry Michał Górny Gentoo is bigger than just YOU. You are not the sole
33 developer or community member. Deal with it!
36 William L. Thomson Jr.