From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Poll: Would you sign a Contributer License Agreement?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 22:45:00
1 >>>>> On Wed, 30 May 2018, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 5:44 PM Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 >> This is interesting, since you had previously signed the copyright
5 >> assignment form to Gentoo Technologies, Inc.
6
7 > Given that the intent is for the FLA/CLA/whateverLA to be completely
8 > optional, I don't think it makes sense to challenge people if they say
9 > they don't intend to sign it. Contributors are welcome to sign it, or
10 > not, and while I think we should explain why it would be a nice thing
11 > if they could, if they can't or won't that is just fine too and that
12 > is all there is to it.
13
14 I haven't intended any challenge there, and sorry if it came across
15 like this. Of course, signing the *LA will be optional, and will in no
16 way be connected to signing or not signing of any previous form.
17
18 (Still, I find the fact interesting when the statement is as absolute
19 as "I personally will not sign any CLAs".)
20
21 Ulrich