From: "Christopher Díaz Riveros" <chrisadr@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Burden of proof
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 18:20:34
1 Daniel,
2
3 El lun, 02-04-2018 a las 09:23 -0600, Daniel Robbins escribió:
4 > On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 7:53 AM, Christopher Díaz Riveros
5 > <chrisadr@g.o> wrote:
6 > > _You_ can say that this is your Burden of proof that mgorny is not
7 > > capable of being a Council member, but in the same line, _your
8 > > post_
9 > > shows that you are neither in position to be a good Council member
10 > > or
11 > > project lead, at least that's just _my_ opinion about this post.
12 >
13 > I am perfectly happy with you having that opinion, because I have
14 > never had any intention of being a Council member or project lead,
15 > nor "returning BDFL" of Gentoo that mgorny insinuates.
18 No Daniel, but the fact is that you have history with Gentoo, even when
19 you don't see yourself trying to be a "leader", you need to act like
20 one.
21
22 This reminds me some horrible local news from my country, where a
23 congressman had to made public some videos about corruption that we
24 suffer as country, that ended up in the resignation of our president.
25 Maybe he had to leave, but making pressure by using private videos and
26 then release them to public, was definetly not he correct way to do
27 that.
28
29 This is the fact from you fact-list:
30
31 You showed the whole mailing list (and leaved a permanent tracking
32 file) a conversation that was not previously seen by ComRel (which is
33 the project who you should try to contact before making this kind of
34 information public). Even when you are "just another user" here... I
35 mean, you run Funtoo, you are a public leader, and how could I possibly
36 trust my leader if he shows private conversations publicly... that's a
37 fact no matter with whom the conversation is, or what is it about.
38
39 > Really, you are asking for these kinds of posts to -project you don't
40 > deal with behavioral problems. I am not the first person to post to
41 > *this list* about unaddressed behavioral problems emanating from this
42 > individual.
45 Yes, but the fact that you are not the firstone of doing something
46 doesn't mean that it is the correct way to approach things, and you
47 should know that. And maybe, just maybe, if you go through the correct
48 way you will be the the last person posting this kind of stuff instead
49 of using the correct approaches.
50
51 > Mgorny has no power over me -- I can easily ignore him in Funtoo. I
52 > actually take no pleasure in these mailing list posts. I find them
53 > unpleasant. I do this for those who mgorny continues to verbally
54 > abuse and make life miserable for, for those he has driven away from
55 > the project, or almost driven away from the project, who apparently
56 > don't have a voice because mgorny is too high up to be held
57 > accountable.
60 Ok, if you think that there is abuse and miserable people, please tell
61 that to ComRel, not to us. If you believe that you have the correct
62 amount of information and proofs, go ahead, but please, use the correct
63 procedures.
64
65 > Once this is addressed, I go back to Funtoo and leave you alone.
66
67 That's up to you. Gentoo is not perfect, and we have a lot of work to
68 do, but _I_ think leaving is not the best way, people here try to do
69 their best to keep gentoo running, and everyone has it's own demons,
70 but we try to work it together. My intention was never to attack you,
71 if you saw that way, my apologies, I tried to do what you asked:
72
73 -"Judge wheter this is appropriate". But I gave you just my opinion
74 instead of judging.
75 -Review the fact-check list.
76
77 Best Regards
78 ---
79 Christopher Díaz Riveros
80 Gentoo Linux Developer
81 GPG Fingerprint: E517 5ECB 8152 98E4 FEBC 2BAA 4DBB D10F 0FDD 2547