From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 11:25:16
1 On Wed, 17 May 2017, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > On wto, 2017-05-16 at 17:17 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 >> Rich Freeman wrote:
5 >>> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>>> What stops me, is seeing someone who wants to help get shut down by others
7 >>>> just because they don't like him and in my opinion, targets him whenever
8 >>>> possible.
9 >>>
10 >>> You're making assumptions about motives. The fact is that you don't
11 >>> have any knowledge about why some people aren't welcome in the
12 >>> community.
13 >>
14 >> Actually, I'm basing it on what I can clearly see. If I can see it,
15 >> don't you think others can too? Again, ignoring it, trying to force
16 >> people not to talk about it, doesn't help the problem. Like I said, I
17 >> been around Gentoo for a long time. I won't be a dev because of lots of
18 >> things over the years I've seen happen, most of them in public.
19 >
20 > No. You won't become a dev because you are not doing *anything* but
21 > talking. Just like a number of other people on this mailing list who are
22 > rejected because of lack of willingness to do anything useful, and then
23 > they claim that they reject Gentoo because it is so bad.
24
25 To be clear, this is the opinion, I'd venture frustrated opinion, of a
26 Gentoo developer. This isn't an official reply by Gentoo Recruiters.
27
28 > Just FYI because I'm getting tired of this recurring theme.