From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 06:38:59
1 On wto, 2017-05-16 at 17:17 -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman wrote:
3 > > On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > > What stops me, is seeing someone who wants to help get shut down by others
5 > > > just because they don't like him and in my opinion, targets him whenever
6 > > > possible.
7 > >
8 > > You're making assumptions about motives. The fact is that you don't
9 > > have any knowledge about why some people aren't welcome in the
10 > > community.
11 >
12 > Actually, I'm basing it on what I can clearly see. If I can see it,
13 > don't you think others can too? Again, ignoring it, trying to force
14 > people not to talk about it, doesn't help the problem. Like I said, I
15 > been around Gentoo for a long time. I won't be a dev because of lots of
16 > things over the years I've seen happen, most of them in public.
17
18 No. You won't become a dev because you are not doing *anything* but
19 talking. Just like a number of other people on this mailing list who are
20 rejected because of lack of willingness to do anything useful, and then
21 they claim that they reject Gentoo because it is so bad.
22
23 Just FYI because I'm getting tired of this recurring theme.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny