From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 06:54:35
1 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On wto, 2017-05-16 at 17:17 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >> Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>> What stops me, is seeing someone who wants to help get shut down by others
6 >>>> just because they don't like him and in my opinion, targets him whenever
7 >>>> possible.
8 >>> You're making assumptions about motives. The fact is that you don't
9 >>> have any knowledge about why some people aren't welcome in the
10 >>> community.
11 >> Actually, I'm basing it on what I can clearly see. If I can see it,
12 >> don't you think others can too? Again, ignoring it, trying to force
13 >> people not to talk about it, doesn't help the problem. Like I said, I
14 >> been around Gentoo for a long time. I won't be a dev because of lots of
15 >> things over the years I've seen happen, most of them in public.
16 > No. You won't become a dev because you are not doing *anything* but
17 > talking. Just like a number of other people on this mailing list who are
18 > rejected because of lack of willingness to do anything useful, and then
19 > they claim that they reject Gentoo because it is so bad.
20 >
21 > Just FYI because I'm getting tired of this recurring theme.
24 So you are ignoring some of the possible solutions and changes I
25 included in my other posts? That is called doing something and I might
26 add, is more than most others are doing. Most others seem to want to
27 ignore the problems for a while longer. Then wonder why people keep
28 talking about it.
29
30 Do you have any solutions you would like to post? Or do you just want
31 to ignore that someone just posted that they are "incredibly
32 disappointed in the Gentoo Java team."? How many more need to post
33 something like that before you actually post something that will help
34 solve the problem? Let's hear your ideas on a solution.
35
36 Dale
37