From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:12:04
1 On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:51:09 AM EDT Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 1:40 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > It seems to me that William posted something that someone else didn't
4 > > like.
5 >
6 > That seems like a pretty big assumption. How do you know that it has
7 > something to do with something he posted?
8
9 In 2008 it was about a post to a public list, and that is on the archives. A
10 post was unruly, violated CoC. Led to a blind mailing list ban. I went around
11 ban with 1 post. Days later Devrel wanted to suspend me for 15 days. I
12 disagreed with the punishment, preventing development for 15 days. I left. I
13 ave them their 15 days + 8 years.
14
15 Most attempts to return did not get that bad just did not go anywhere. What
16 happened in 2015 should not have occurred. Things have gotten much worse!
17
18 > However, I think we should be far more concerned about outcome. Is
19 > somebody willing to follow the CoC, or not? Are they able to follow
20 > the CoC, or not? Perhaps the way the black box works can be improved,
21 > and maybe we can expose more of the gears inside, but what matters the
22 > most is that it comes up with the right decision.
23
24 If you look at the comments on my bug from 2015, no research was done. No one
25 from comrel spoke to anyone I had worked with or was working with. The only
26 ones I have issue with are members of comrel, mostly just a few individuals
27 not the entire body.
28
29 I ask anyone who has seen me conduct myself in an unprofessional manner at any
30 point to say so publicly. That will be very few if any because it simply is
31 not the case.
34 William L. Thomson Jr.