From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Infra Kickstarter?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 08:41:29
1 On 02/18/15 11:47, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 07:10:53AM -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 4:01 AM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> If I could afford to spend the more than just volunteer time on Infra,
6 >>> yes, I'd love to have few full 40 hour weeks to put into cleaning up our
7 >>> cfengine and puppet to where it's significantly easier to manage.
8 >>
9 >> The one thing I was trying to avoid doing was giving an impression
10 >> that the infra team isn't busy doing work that helps everybody around
11 >> here.
12 >>
13 >> You summarize the problem well here. You're too busy due to a labor
14 >> shortage to do the sorts of things that would help reduce the labor
15 >> shortage.
16 > Of infra staff, in 2014 antarus left infra, and we gained dastergon
17 > prometheanfire redlizard. bonsaikitten turned us down again, as he's
18 > busy running the gentooexperimental infrastructure.
19
20 .... eh?
21
22 *You* turned me down. I continue running stuff because apparently no one
23 else is able to do so, especially not infra. (Am I grumpy?)
24
25 I know it's bad form to quote private IRC communications, but in June