From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Discontinuing the support for GitHub pull requests
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 12:12:27
1 On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 00:17:38 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi, everyone.
5 >
6 > TL;DR: if nobody comes up with a good solution and implements it,
7 > we'll be discontinuing support for GitHub as contribution platform
8 > for Gentoo and automatically closing all PRs except for those meant
9 > for proxy- maint.
10
11 I don't want to argue on the hows and whys of this: you have your
12 reasons, others do too.
13
14 However, purposedly making life harder for those who care by closing
15 all PRs for no good reason is simply childish.
16
17 Please take a step back on the matter: If you believe it's not worth it
18 anymore, just don't do it, do not destroy it.
21 Alexis.