From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Discontinuing the support for GitHub pull requests
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 13:17:31
1 W dniu wto, 31.10.2017 o godzinie 13∶12 +0100, użytkownik Alexis Ballier
2 napisał:
3 > On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 00:17:38 +0100
4 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Hi, everyone.
7 > >
8 > > TL;DR: if nobody comes up with a good solution and implements it,
9 > > we'll be discontinuing support for GitHub as contribution platform
10 > > for Gentoo and automatically closing all PRs except for those meant
11 > > for proxy- maint.
12 >
13 > I don't want to argue on the hows and whys of this: you have your
14 > reasons, others do too.
15 >
16 > However, purposedly making life harder for those who care by closing
17 > all PRs for no good reason is simply childish.
18 >
19 > Please take a step back on the matter: If you believe it's not worth it
20 > anymore, just don't do it, do not destroy it.
23 So what's your alternative? Put a big 'feel free to file a pull request
24 and it might be reviewed, rejected straight away or ignored for months.
25 You may want to also file a bug with the same content just in case'?
28 Best regards,
29 Michał Górny