From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 14 August 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:02:46
1 On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 23:17:56 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > Waiting for a profile EAPI increase seems to be
4 > something like waiting for Sankt Nimmerleinstag (in German, waiting
5 > for the nameday of a saint that does not actually exist, i.e.
6 > hopelessly waiting forever).
7
8 The only reason all this takes so long is because getting anything done
9 with EAPIs involves wasting months dealing with people who demand to
10 know why their favourite unicorn isn't there yet, why the EAPI process
11 isn't what they want it to be, why EAPIs have to exist at all, why we
12 have to care about stability, why we have to change things, why we
13 can't change things, etc etc.
14
15 If getting things quickly is a goal, then you should ask the Council to
16 look into reducing the amount of public discussion and concensus that's
17 necessary to deliver a new EAPI.
20 Ciaran McCreesh