From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] ComRel / disciplinary action reform proposal
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:22:17
1 On 16/01/2017 05:56, Dean Stephens wrote:
2 > I think this proposal is utterly unworkable in practice. While the
3 > intention is rather obvious, and heavily geared toward actual
4 > contributing members of the community at large, the proposed
5 > definitional scope and structure are incompatible with actual workloads
6 > already in place.
7 >
8 > [...]
9 >
10 > As it stands, disciplinary actions are handled per medium and channel,
11 > with appeals going first to those with direct authority over that medium
12 > or channel, then to ComRel, then the Council. This is simple,
13 > consistent, and most of all it is on the whole effective; all while
14 > minimizing the amount of make work. If there is meant to be an implicit
15 > argument that this is somehow insufficiently documented, by all means
16 > make that point, ask people to document things more pervasively, do not
17 > discard a working system because someone could not be bothered to read
18 > the documentation.
19
20 Good points.
21
22 IMO the proposal also has good points, and just needs to be updated to
23 take scalability issues into account.
24
25 Maybe routine things like spam could go through forums-specific channel.
26 I don't see a reason to get a bug filed for each of these.
27
28 Paweł