From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 17:02:30
1 W dniu pon, 04.12.2017 o godzinie 14∶18 +0100, użytkownik Dirkjan
2 Ochtman napisał:
3 > On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 10:43 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > > On the face of it, I like this proposal. On the other hand, wouldn't it
6 > >
7 > > be
8 > > > better if we just had more active list moderators? That is, moderators
9 > >
10 > > who
11 > > > move problematic user's posts to moderated by default, and then withhold
12 > > > the specific posts if necessary?
13 > >
14 > > I don't think this is really technically feasible. I don't know if mlmmj
15 > > has the specific feature you're asking for, and even if it did,
16 > > moderation with mlmmj is practically impossible to use. Even for low-
17 > > traffic channel like gentoo-dev-announce@ it's not working well.
20 > Maybe we should move to a more modern list manager? I'm pretty sure mailman
21 > can do this kind of stuff trivially. It feels bad if we have to institute
22 > suboptimal processes due to crappy tooling, if better alternatives are
23 > readily available.
26 I'm all for it, as long as someone is actually going to do the necessary
27 work within the next, say, 4 weeks. I'd really like to avoid once again
28 having no resolution whatsoever just to wait for never-to-come upgrade.
29
30 I should point out that this includes:
31
32 1. Switch to another mailing list software without breaking stuff. This
33 needs someone from Infra really willing and being able to do it.
34
35 2. Establishing a clear policy on how moderation should be performed.
36 Without a clear policy, the effects could be far worse than status quo.
37
38 3. Establishing a good and trusted moderators team. Normally I'd say
39 ComRel could do that but given their inability to react within the last
40 year...
41
42 So, anyone volunteering to do the work?
45 Best regards,
46 Michał Górny