From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Hiding problems, breach of Gentoo Social Contract
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 22:53:20
1 On Saturday, December 3, 2016 5:44:33 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > We have plenty of developers who
3 > rarely participate on lists, but they generally make positive
4 > contributions and follow QA policies and such. If there is a conflict
5 > they'd need to be able to follow the rules for dealing with it, but
6 > their ability to write long emails/etc and win over large numbers
7 > really isn't a concern. A lot of the contributions to Gentoo get made
8 > without a lot of fanfare, and are really the backbone of our distro.
9
10 If I could commit, you would rarely hear from me!
11
12 Not to mention I would be working mostly in Java stuff, which no one is
13 working in for many years. I have expressed this to comrel anytime I have
14 interacted with them or members from 08-15.
15
16 I have been forced to be social because I cannot work. I stated in my first
17 post to -project the state of Java. Even proxying is not feasible when there
18 is no one to commit the work.
19
20 Not my PRs, I would have hundreds...
21
22 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1358
23 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1721
24
25 " I just wish there was some kind of sign from Gentoo as to if they'll ever
26 accept this PR."
27 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1721#issuecomment-247460012
28
29 The "bad behaviour" comes from people basically standing in the way of work
30 being done. Focusing on social skills, causing them to decline as things
31 stagnate and are not done. The ones standing in the way are not doing the
32 work. Nor finding someone to do the work.
35 William L. Thomson Jr.