From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 09:47:15
1 W dniu nie, 01.04.2018 o godzinie 23∶41 -0600, użytkownik Daniel Robbins
2 napisał:
3 > On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 9:59 PM, Dean Stephens <desultory@g.o> wrote:
6 > > As you have a stated position, specifically that this User
7 > > Representatives proposal would resolve (largely unspecified) problems
10 > I think I have been clear on the problems, but I can try to be more clear.
11 > The Council are Gentoo developers who are voted upon by Gentoo developers,
12 > and there is no clear accountability to any outside group.
13 >
14 > There are severe behavioral problems on the Council right now. There is a
15 > lack of enforcement of behavioral standards upon Council members, even
16 > though the Council is in theory responsible for defining these standards.
17 >
18 > I think the responses to my proposal demonstrate that the Gentoo developer
19 > culture is isolated and protective of its own interests, not interested in
20 > accountability (no responses saying "yes, Council members *should* indeed
21 > be held to the same standards they hold others" -- isn't this obvious?),
22 > and in need of reform.
25 ...and in the end you pretty much admit that it all boils down to 'I do
26 not like who the developers voted for and they do not want to give me my
27 BDFL back, so I am going to try hard to find some other way to get it'.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny