From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 05:42:01
1 On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 9:59 PM, Dean Stephens <desultory@g.o> wrote:
4 > As you have a stated position, specifically that this User
5 > Representatives proposal would resolve (largely unspecified) problems
8 I think I have been clear on the problems, but I can try to be more clear.
9 The Council are Gentoo developers who are voted upon by Gentoo developers,
10 and there is no clear accountability to any outside group.
11
12 There are severe behavioral problems on the Council right now. There is a
13 lack of enforcement of behavioral standards upon Council members, even
14 though the Council is in theory responsible for defining these standards.
15
16 I think the responses to my proposal demonstrate that the Gentoo developer
17 culture is isolated and protective of its own interests, not interested in
18 accountability (no responses saying "yes, Council members *should* indeed
19 be held to the same standards they hold others" -- isn't this obvious?),
20 and in need of reform.
21
22 Best,
23