From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, "gentoo-project@l.g.o" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:58:27
1 Dnia 2015-10-04, o godz. 08:17:22
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 7:13 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Since apparently any tiny change requires Council approval these days,
7 > > here's another one...
8 >
9 > Trust me, we're as unhappy about this as anybody.
12 > > Can I change the 'games' component of Bugzilla to assign bugs to
13 > > bug-wranglers@ rather than games@? Otherwise, newly reported game bugs
14 > > get assigned directly to games team and often are not reassigned to
15 > > correct maintainers but instead are left ignored.
16 >
17 > ++ - in light of the decision that anybody can maintain a game apart
18 > from the games team, it really doesn't make sense to have a bugzilla
19 > component for games at all. They should be assigned just like any
20 > other generic package.
21
22 Well, that was my point but other Infra members disagree that we aren't
23 allowed to change this without full Council approval.
24
25 And to be honest, if I were to expand the topic, I'd rather go towards
26 Bugzilla components on 'Gentoo Linux'. Because right now most of them
27 don't make any sense, and are confusing to new users who don't know
28 what to choose. They're pretty much all legacy, and as I see it most of
29 them should be removed and bugs moved to a single common component.
30
31 But that's a topic for another trollfest, I guess.
34 Best regards,
35 Michał Górny
36 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>