From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, "gentoo-project@l.g.o" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 12:17:28
1 On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 7:13 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Since apparently any tiny change requires Council approval these days,
4 > here's another one...
5
6 Trust me, we're as unhappy about this as anybody.
9 > Can I change the 'games' component of Bugzilla to assign bugs to
10 > bug-wranglers@ rather than games@? Otherwise, newly reported game bugs
11 > get assigned directly to games team and often are not reassigned to
12 > correct maintainers but instead are left ignored.
13
14 ++ - in light of the decision that anybody can maintain a game apart
15 from the games team, it really doesn't make sense to have a bugzilla
16 component for games at all. They should be assigned just like any
17 other generic package.
18
19 As long as we're expanding the scope of the discussion around the
20 games team, I'd like the council to ask themselves, "after we're done
21 approving or disapproving all the requested actions around the games
22 team, is there actually anything the games team is supposed to do?"
23 It seems to me that if all the proposed actions like getting rid of
24 the eclass, letting anybody maintain games, not auto-assigning bugs,
25 etc are all approved, then the games team is just a bunch of
26 individual games package maintainers that don't actually maintain all
27 the games. To the extent that the council doesn't approve all the
28 requested actions, it might have additional functions.
29
30 This is starting to feel like one of those situations where ANY
31 decision is going to be better than kicking the can, but I acknowledge
32 that any decision we make firmly is going to leave some fairly
33 unhappy.
36 Rich