From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] GURU is now online!
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 20:02:34
1 Hello, everyone.
2
3 It is with pleasure that I'd like to announce that the GURU project [1]
4 has started and is home for its first ebuilds [2]. For those who
5 haven't been following the recent RFCs:
6
7 GURU aims to be a single central user-maintained Gentoo repository.
8 It tries to take the best ideas of the past Sunrise project [3],
9 and modify them into a self-sustainable ecosystem where users work
10 together on new packages (only those not in Gentoo are allowed), review
11 one another's work and (hopefully) eventually deliver a reasonably good
12 quality product.
13
14 At this point, I am obliged to explicitly note that GURU is maintained
15 by users and is not strictly controlled by Gentoo developers or
16 supported by Gentoo Security project. While hopefully our Trusted
17 Contributors will do their best to ensure good quality of GURU, it may
18 contain vulnerable, broken or even malicious ebuilds. You use it
19 at your own risk (just like Gentoo itself).
20
21 If you are interested in contributing your ebuilds to GURU (provided
22 they are new packages and now updates to ebuilds in ::gentoo), please
23 take a look at the project page [1].
24
25 At the same time, I'd like to make it clear that GURU exists
26 independently of proxy-maint, and you are free to submit your packages
27 both ways, or to submit it to GURU first for fleshing out.
28
29 If you are interested in using GURU on your system, it is available
30 on the repository roster as 'guru'. You can get it e.g. via:
31
32 eselect repository enable guru
33
34 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:GURU