From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 02:19:36
1 On 10/06/2016 08:53 PM, Raymond Jennings wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 6:28 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
4 >> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> That said I think the principle of avoiding a conflict of interest
7 >>> is still
8 >>> a meritorious one.
9 >>
10 >> Avoiding conflicts of interest is an absolute necessity. However, I
11 >> still dispute that overlapping membership between Comrel, Proctors,
12 >> Council, Trustees, etc is a conflict of interest.
13 >>
14 >> Now, somebody voting on a case where they are a party would be a
15 >> conflict of interest.
16 >>
17 >> A conflict of interest exists when somebody can make a decision that
18 >> is bad for Gentoo, but good for them personally.
19 >>
20 >> As I mentioned, I believe this is a minority opinion around here.
21 >> That's ok, even if you're all wrong I can still follow the policy, and
22 >> it is a bit moot in my case since I'm not in Comrel... :)
23 >
24 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=Project:Council/Code_of_conduct&oldid=53283
27 > I found this.
30 >> --
31 >> Rich
35 iirc there is a policy of no crossover between trustees and council.
38 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)