From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] utilizing GH functionality that Gentoo infra does not provide
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 04:04:34
1 On 31 Mar 2022 10:21, David Seifert wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2022-03-30 at 22:01 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > On 29 Mar 2022 21:36, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
4 > > > > * possibly even Discussions since it'll provide a clear/scoped
5 > > > > space for
6 > > > > non-Gentoo users & devs. Gentoo forums are huge and require custom
7 > > > > accts,
8 > > > > and mailing lists are huge and a bit restrictive old timey.
9 > > >
10 > > > eh... so it's just because it's "huge, restrictive, old timey" that
11 > > > you're never on irc?
12 > >
13 > > were you trying to make a point or something ?
14 >
15 > This goes hand in hand with team work realistically only happening on
16 > IRC
17
18 point out the policy which mandates IRC usage. if there isn't one,
19 then there isn't anything left to discuss.
20
21 i'm glad you have time for idle chatter & socialization on a noisy,
22 unorganized medium. not everyone does. the SNR is much too high.
23
24 > and since I've joined, you've never once replied to one of my
25 > emails *ever*
26
27 let's see. looking through my mail archive for "from:soap@gentoo" &
28 "to:vapier@gentoo" i see 1 hit. you asking about joining games@ back
29 in 2016. you are correct i did not respond to that, and i apologize,
30 but at that time i had largely stepped back from the team and others
31 were managing it (Mr. Bones. iirc was POC). you probably should have
32 reached out to the entire team via games@g.o instead.
33
34 but 1 missed e-mail over 8 years does not seem to back up your claim.
35 unless you mean you sent me 1 e-mail and i didn't respond, then sure,
36 i guess that's accurate.
37
38 > Said differently: trying to work with you is nigh impossible.
39
40 everyone has an opinion. that is yours.
41 -mike