From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] ComRel / disciplinary action reform proposal
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:27:01
1 On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I think a more fair restriction would be to place it on Comrel and
4 > Council, as they are being trusted to not share private information.
5
6 ++, in general (and anybody else doing the actual moderation/etc).
7
8 > What the two (or more?) sides do in a dispute isn't something we can
9 > reasonably control, except on our own infrastructure. I find it
10 > unnecessary and meaningless to place sanctions on users or other
11 > participants of a conflict if they choose to make their communications
12 > public. It's /their/ dirty laundry, after all.
13
14 I tend to agree, but perhaps it would still make sense to restrict the
15 use of Gentoo media for such things (anything bearing our trademark).
16 My thinking is that we really don't want the community to be full of
17 petty personal bickering.
18
19 It isn't something I feel strongly about. I'm more concerned about
20 people entrusted with personal information keeping it private.
23 Rich