From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] ComRel / disciplinary action reform proposal
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 14:38:20
1 On 01/15/2017 11:23 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > It should be noted that an unauthorized disclosure of sensitive
3 > information by any party involved would be a base for a strong
4 > disciplinary action.
5
6 Overall fair procedures and points, but this particular part punishes
7 whistleblowing, from inside *or* outside Gentoo. If a given
8 target/subject decides to share all related communications to make their
9 points publicly, the above suggestion recommends the subject is silenced
10 and/or ejected for revealing something directly involving them.
11
12 If the intent is to make whistleblowing risky or otherwise (socially)
13 dangerous, then it'll get the job done, but at a cost to community
14 morale over the long term. I don't support a procedure that punishes
15 people for pointing out when it (the procedure) is not working correctly.
16
17 I think a more fair restriction would be to place it on Comrel and
18 Council, as they are being trusted to not share private information.
19 What the two (or more?) sides do in a dispute isn't something we can
20 reasonably control, except on our own infrastructure. I find it
21 unnecessary and meaningless to place sanctions on users or other
22 participants of a conflict if they choose to make their communications
23 public. It's /their/ dirty laundry, after all.
24 --
25 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
26 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
27 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6