From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 21:28:21
1 On Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:01:56 PM EDT Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > On 2016.10.13 00:30, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > > TL;DR: move comrel, infra, PR to Foundation. Have strict(er)
4 > > application
5 > > of policies to them in line with their powers.
6 >
7 > [snip good stuff]
8 >
9 > Changing our metastruture towards a more normal corporate
10 > structure will make the delegation of authority/responsibility
11 > clearer, especially outside the USA. I think that's a good thing.
12 > I live outside the USA, so maybe I'm biased.
13
14 With regard to structure and some other things, this is an excellent read.
15
16 http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemyatt/2012/04/19/consensus-team-buildings-silent-killer/
17
18 If applied in the context of Gentoo, could produce some good food for thought.
19
20 Also you can see some of the problems Gentoo faces listed here, as generally
21 experienced. Just listing them is obvious
22
23 - Preservation of the status quo
24 - Susceptibility to widespread disagreement
25 - Stagnation and group dysfunction
26 - Susceptibility to splitting and excluding members
27 - Channeling decisions away from an inclusive group process
28
29 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-making#Criticism
32 William L. Thomson Jr.