From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Gentoo Recruiters need your help!
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 20:29:46
1 On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Turning it off will decrease organizational problems, make the
4 > distribution more focused and eventually more high quality, because
5 > people would be able to actually work together on the _core_ of gentoo
6 > (toolchain, base-system, eclasses, PM...).
9 Having fewer people maintaining packages will not make more people
10 work on toolchain, base-system, eclasses, portage, etc.
11
12 If somebody is actively contributing to something in critical need
13 such as one of those I'd certainly encourage the recruiters to
14 prioritize their application. However, turning away help elsewhere
15 won't help us out.
16
17 I'd suggest moving forward with building the new before getting rid of the old.