From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 23:40:49
1 On 12/02/18 23:02, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > Can you provide us with an example when such a scenario has happened
3 > in the past 12 years of council, or is the above purely hypothetical?
4 > Because in the latter case it is not an actual problem that needs to
5 > be solved.
6 >
7 > It is not a game of Nomic that we're playing here, but we are trying
8 > to run a distro. IMHO precluding council members from participating in
9 > projects isn't helpful. Or do we really want a council that is sitting
10 > in an ivory tower, completely detached from the daily distro work?
11 >
12 Uhm, what's the difference .. the council already live in their own land
13 separate from most of the developers, and definitely from the user
14 community at large ?
15
16 Or at least, such is the perception .. [don't shoot the messenger and
17 all that]