From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2014 / 2015 election
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 11:10:58
1 On 07/05/14 13:53, hasufell wrote:
2 > Denis Dupeyron:
3 >> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> ComRel and especially Infra are less broken and thus we shouldn't be
5 >>> in as much of a rush to "fix" them.
6 >>
7 >> So, comrel and infra are less broken than QA, but they are broken. And
8 >> it's not in so much of a rush but they need to be fixed. I take it
9 >> you're going to join those two teams and help then. Judging by the
10 >> copious amount and length of your emails on our lists, it looks like
11 >> you have a lot of time on your hands. It's totally understandable
12 >> that, council being what it is, you're in need for more action.
13 >>
14 >> Denis.
17 > I'm not sure if you are aware that rich0 is one of the very few active
18 > council members.
19
20 That is not fair. My sense of the council this year is that we worked
21 very well together and got stuff done. Also, we were evenly handed with
22 situations that came forward and squashed some of the fires regarding QA
23 and ComRel last year.
26 > Active in the sense that he actually gets involved (both publicly and
27 > privately), not only in technical discussions, but also in delicate
28 > problems in the past where ComRel itself wasn't properly organized and
29 > most people tried to avoid a very heated discussion.
30 > It almost seems rich0 has taken over some of the "moderation" work which
31 > maybe should be ComRel work instead, but currently isn't. So... IMO,
32 > your point misses reality in more than one way.
33 >
34 > Actually, I'd have to look at the project page in order to know who is
35 > on the council right now, because most don't get involved and I only
36 > have ~2 names in mind.
37 >
38 > Also, the gentoo habit of not responding is very common. I hope we don't
39 > get more of that in the council, but people who are active, involved and
40 > have more to offer than just the oldtimer-badge.
41
42 Please distinguish between not responding when a message is aimed at you
43 (eg. a bug report on your package) and not joining in long threaded
44 discussions. I tend to avoid the latter but not a request aimed at me
45 or any team I'm on. I don't know of any situation where the council has
46 not responded to a request.
49 > But I don't want to look like a campaign manager here. I just think you
50 > hit the wrong spot.
55 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
56 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
57 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
58 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
59 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA