From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2014 / 2015 election
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 17:54:07
1 Denis Dupeyron:
2 > On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> ComRel and especially Infra are less broken and thus we shouldn't be
4 >> in as much of a rush to "fix" them.
5 >
6 > So, comrel and infra are less broken than QA, but they are broken. And
7 > it's not in so much of a rush but they need to be fixed. I take it
8 > you're going to join those two teams and help then. Judging by the
9 > copious amount and length of your emails on our lists, it looks like
10 > you have a lot of time on your hands. It's totally understandable
11 > that, council being what it is, you're in need for more action.
12 >
13 > Denis.
16 I'm not sure if you are aware that rich0 is one of the very few active
17 council members.
18
19 Active in the sense that he actually gets involved (both publicly and
20 privately), not only in technical discussions, but also in delicate
21 problems in the past where ComRel itself wasn't properly organized and
22 most people tried to avoid a very heated discussion.
23 It almost seems rich0 has taken over some of the "moderation" work which
24 maybe should be ComRel work instead, but currently isn't. So... IMO,
25 your point misses reality in more than one way.
26
27 Actually, I'd have to look at the project page in order to know who is
28 on the council right now, because most don't get involved and I only
29 have ~2 names in mind.
30
31 Also, the gentoo habit of not responding is very common. I hope we don't
32 get more of that in the council, but people who are active, involved and
33 have more to offer than just the oldtimer-badge.
34
35 But I don't want to look like a campaign manager here. I just think you
36 hit the wrong spot.