From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: your achievements
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 22:57:37
1 On 21.06.2019 16:21, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2019-06-15 at 12:42 +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
3 >> I propose to have one question per thread spawned by this e-mail to
4 >> keep discussion focused. If you have multiple questions, please
5 >> start multiple threads. If your question was already asked, please
6 >> join a thread.
7 >>
8 > I'd like to ask all nominees a very simple open question: what have you
9 > done to improve Gentoo in the last year? Please focus on noticeable
10 > achievements and successes, rather than general things like 'I've copied
11 > few hundred ebuilds to newer versions'.
12 >
13 briefly about what I consider the most important:
14
15 - with new tooling I was able to test packages much faster and bugs
16 handling time for the most used arches (e.g. amd64) was reduced (can be
17 seen from the arches statistics provided by dilfridge)
18
19 - took over linux-pam and friends maintenance and started full m4
20 pambase migration (should be ready soon)
21
22 - together with dilfridge introduced the official Gentoo RISC-V port
23 with stable profile.
24
25     Started a real hardware builds (including kernel, looking into
26 possibility of X.org support as well).
27
28 - brought texlive-2019 into the tree (including patches back ports,
29 eclasses update, etc)
30
31     and also started helping out with general TeX  maintenance.
34 non-technical:
35
36 - helped out with the proctors project launching
37
38 - glep48 changes
39
40 - revised our developer quizzes which was:
41
42     1. ebuild and end of mentoring quizzes were merged into the
43 ebuild-maintainer quiz
44
45     2. quizzes were revised (old questions removed, some new ones
46 written from scratch and added)
47
48     (thanks to Amynka for her patience during patches review)