From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: your achievements
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 11:05:39
1 Ühel kenal päeval, P, 23.06.2019 kell 01:57, kirjutas Mikle Kolyada:
2 > On 21.06.2019 16:21, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > On Sat, 2019-06-15 at 12:42 +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
4 > > > I propose to have one question per thread spawned by this e-mail
6 > > > keep discussion focused. If you have multiple questions, please
7 > > > start multiple threads. If your question was already asked,
8 > > > please
9 > > > join a thread.
10 > > >
11 > > I'd like to ask all nominees a very simple open question: what have
12 > > you
13 > > done to improve Gentoo in the last year? Please focus on
14 > > noticeable
15 > > achievements and successes, rather than general things like 'I've
16 > > copied
17 > > few hundred ebuilds to newer versions'.
18 > >
19 > briefly about what I consider the most important:
20 >
21 > - with new tooling I was able to test packages much faster and bugs
22 > handling time for the most used arches (e.g. amd64) was reduced (can
23 > be
24 > seen from the arches statistics provided by dilfridge)
25
26 Where can we find the code for that tooling, as to evaluate using it
27 ourselves as well, and improve upon it or merge with other existing
28 solutions in this area?
31 Mart