From: Brian Evans <grknight@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] New project: GURU [Gentoo User Repository, Unreviewed]
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 13:44:18
1 On 2/4/2019 8:28 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2019-02-04 at 11:58 +0100, Alexis Ballier wrote:
3 >> On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 20:28:49 +0100
4 >> Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> ---
7 >>> What do you think?
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> What is the difference with sunrise ?
11 >
12 > The difference, as noted in the mail, is that it doesn't rely
13 > on developers having time to review ebuilds. Therefore, it is less
14 > likely to die because of developers lacking time to review stuff.
15
16 It's a horrible thing not to have reviewed builds. They can be
17 increasingly bad quality. Even going as far as ignoring PMS or
18 redefining every variable because they don't like things (yes, we've
19 seen this in recent times).
20
21 We have Gentoo developers for a reason and that should not change.
22 Blindly accepting community contributions is a dangerous game.
23
24 This just feels like a train wreck in the making.
25
26 Brian