From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] New project: GURU [Gentoo User Repository, Unreviewed]
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 13:28:35
1 On Mon, 2019-02-04 at 11:58 +0100, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 20:28:49 +0100
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > ---
6 > > What do you think?
9 > What is the difference with sunrise ?
10
11 The difference, as noted in the mail, is that it doesn't rely
12 on developers having time to review ebuilds. Therefore, it is less
13 likely to die because of developers lacking time to review stuff.
14
15 > One of the advantages of sunrise is that it had 2 repos: One
16 > unreviewed, without Gentoo official name and big fat warnings, one
17 > reviewed by devs more widely available.
18
19 No.
20
21 First of all, they weren't really two repos -- they were more like
22 private and public branches which were made into two repos due to
23 technical limitations. With the public branch getting all the commits
24 from private branch merged.
25
26 Secondly, both branches were reviewed. The difference is that people
27 were supposed to ask for (IRC) review before committing to the first
28 branch, and only developers were allowed to merge to the second branch.
29
30 Thirdly, I have no clue what 'Gentoo official name' is in this contexts
31 and I certainly don't recall big fat warnings. The only difference was
32 that the public repo was advertised publicly while the former was
33 intended for development.
36 Best regards,
37 Michał Górny