From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 06:17:29
On 2011-08-06 Sat 08:58, Markos Chandras wrote:
> > I wonder if we can't set up an automated system where a package > > maintainer goes to a webpage and enters the package they'd like to > > submit for a keyword request. The page would display the > > requirements for each architecture, and the maintainer could then > > start a test build that would run on the development boxes in a > > testing chroot, and then give the results back to the maintainer. > > That would certainly make the situation simpler for everyone. > > Maybe that's deserving of a separation thread. > > This would be the best ( afaik opensuse has such as system ). However, > this requires massive amount of time to even port it to Gentoo let alone > create it from scratch. This could be an interesting idea for a GSOC > project (provided the infrastructure is already in place ) but this is > what I call "a non-realistic solution" :)
I think such a system or even just some sort of reproducible tinderbox setup (in order to start with something simpler) would be great to try running on the Supercell setup [1] at the OSL like I mentioned awhile back [2] on the dev list. If people are interested I can try to get the ball rolling and see if Gentoo can get access to some of the hardware now that most of the infrastructure is in place. Tim [1]: [2]: