From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] policies for proxy maintainers project
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:57:34
1 On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 4:21 AM, Ian Delaney <idella4@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 17:48:38 +0200
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 >> Aside to those, I find the whole text hard to comprehend.
9 > Happily the others who proof read it didn't.
10 > The above have been entered.
13 The essence of the quandary, for which it is of the utmost importance
14 for the whole of the body politic which is Gentoo to be obliged to
15 Michał for alluding, is that in the place where an incomplex
16 vernacular might have prevailed, we find, as an unappetizing
17 substitute, a conglomerate of labyrinthine phraseology.
18
19 The correctness of such a work might be judged legitimate vis a vis
20 the Oxford Dictionary of English Grammar. Nevertheless it is entirely
21 within the realm of comprehensibility that a naive reader could find
22 it beyond such. We ought to, and indeed the man possessing of even
23 simple virtue will, empathize with those who should find that such
24 matters are not endemic.
25
26 Perhaps a few of us can spend a few minutes simplifying it. As a
27 bonus, you might also read the above and find as many examples of
28 amphibology as you can.
29
30 I do apologize for having a bit of jest at your expense though -
31 thanks for stepping up! This being a wiki, it is fair for those with
32 complaints to step up and help out rather than merely criticizing. :)
35 Rich