From: Ian Delaney <idella4@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] policies for proxy maintainers project
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 08:22:25
1 On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 17:48:38 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Dnia 2015-10-09, o godz. 16:50:07
5 > Ian Delaney<idella4@g.o> napisał(a):
6 >
7 > > All can be read at [1]
8 > >
9 > > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers
10 >
11 > A quick nitpick:
12 >
13 > | The proxied maintainer is to be given opportunity, in discussion
14 > with | a proxy developer, to select which ebuilds should be declared
15 > redundant | and removed or retained from portage.
16 >
17 > Portage is a package manager. It does not contain ebuilds. The ebuilds
18 > are inside the repository.
19 >
20 > | The list of orphaned packages commonly labelled maintainer-wanted.
21 >
22 > maintainer-needed?
23 >
24 > | Patches submitted via the new Gentoo GitHub mirror system.
25 >
26 > Pull requests, not patches. And I doubt you can call it a 'system'
27 > since it's plain git mirror.
28 >
29 > Aside to those, I find the whole text hard to comprehend.
32 Happily the others who proof read it didn't.
33 The above have been entered.
36 kind regards
37
38 Ian Delaney