From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ian Delaney <idella4@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] policies for proxy maintainers project
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 15:49:11
1 Dnia 2015-10-09, o godz. 16:50:07
2 Ian Delaney<idella4@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > All can be read at [1]
5 >
6 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers
7
8 A quick nitpick:
9
10 | The proxied maintainer is to be given opportunity, in discussion with
11 | a proxy developer, to select which ebuilds should be declared redundant
12 | and removed or retained from portage.
13
14 Portage is a package manager. It does not contain ebuilds. The ebuilds
15 are inside the repository.
16
17 | The list of orphaned packages commonly labelled maintainer-wanted.
18
19 maintainer-needed?
20
21 | Patches submitted via the new Gentoo GitHub mirror system.
22
23 Pull requests, not patches. And I doubt you can call it a 'system'
24 since it's plain git mirror.
25
26 Aside to those, I find the whole text hard to comprehend.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny
31 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>