From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 14:41:45
1 On Sat, 10 May 2014 12:46:31 +0000
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Well, if QA team members confuses "bugs" with "bug reports"
5 > and say they don't want to do actual work (aka tinderbox),
6
7 Where has QA stated that they don't want to do that?
8
9 No, that was stated nowhere; as far as a statement goes, I've stated
10 what its priority is, which doesn't imply that we don't want to do it.
11
12 > because it would cause more "bugs",
13
14 Did you mean "bug reports"?
15
16 > then I have serious doubts about their technical understanding of
17 > certain issues.
18
19 Which doubts about which issues do you have?
20
21 > This isn't the first time... you probably know, the gtk3 vs gtk2 vs
22 > gtk flag issue is still UNRESOLVED.
23
24 It is pending GNOME team feedback.
25
26 > I pushed for a clear decision often enough (must be more than a year
27 > now) and here we are, still without any. The same applies for
28 > tinderbox, applies for pkg-config discussion, applies for...
29
30 The new QA team has only been around for 4 months; you can't expect
31 everything to magically happen in that time, given a backlog of bugs
32 that the previous QA team left behind (including old Tinderbox runs).
33
34 Tinderbox bug has been visible to us for 2 months; so far, we've been
35 busy so haven't picked it up yet, as well as have insufficient hardware.
36
37 The pkg-config discussion has a consensus that differs from your
38 opinion, I think that the QA team (with interest from _all_ developers
39 [GLEP 48]) isn't going to override the community consensus here; even if
40 the QA Team would, the Council members have voiced their opinion...
43 With kind regards,
44
45 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
46 Gentoo Developer
47
48 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
49 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
50 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D