From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:14:57
1 W dniu pon, 12.02.2018 o godzinie 09∶58 +0100, użytkownik Ulrich Mueller
2 napisał:
3 > > > > > > On Sun, 11 Feb 2018, William Hubbs wrote:
4 > > I feel that council members should not be members of projects whose
5 > > actions can be appealed to the council like qa or comrel. I have
6 > > felt this way for a long time, because I think it compromises the
7 > > full council's ability to vote fairly on appeals.
8 > > Thoughts?
9 >
10 > By the same logic, council members should not be members of _any_
11 > project, because the council can override any project's decisions.
14 I second this. If someone appeals Toolchain team decision, do we require
15 the Council to have no Toolchain members?
16
17 What if the appeal is multi-step, e.g. Recruiters -> ComRel -> Council?
18 Does it imply that Recruiters also shouldn't be in Council?
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny