From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 08:58:55
1 >>>>> On Sun, 11 Feb 2018, William Hubbs wrote:
2
3 > I feel that council members should not be members of projects whose
4 > actions can be appealed to the council like qa or comrel. I have
5 > felt this way for a long time, because I think it compromises the
6 > full council's ability to vote fairly on appeals.
7
8 > Thoughts?
9
10 By the same logic, council members should not be members of _any_
11 project, because the council can override any project's decisions.
12
13 It is known prior to a council election if a candidate is a member
14 of ComRel or QA. So, leave it to the electorate to evaluate if such
15 a candidate is suitable for the council.
16
17 Ulrich