From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Recruitment issues and potential improvement
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 22:24:34
1 On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 19:21:34 +0100 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 >
3 > > 2. Add an extra contribution period in which the candidate commits to
4 > > the tree through Pull Requests. Developers watch the requests, review
5 > > them and decide when the recruit is ready. We may extend this with
6 > > requirements like '3 different developers must review late activities
7 > > and evaluate them'.
8 >
9 > Alternative suggestion, get at least 5 ebuilds into Sunrise before we even
10 > consider you. :P
11
12 Why Sunrise only? Candidate may contribute to other official
13 overlays or proxy-maintain some packages. E.g. I never contributed
14 to Sunrise, but to other overlays or proxy-maintained packages.
15
16 Best regards,
17 Andrew Savchenko