From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>, Gentoo Trustees <trustees@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Meeting agenda - Council meeting 2018-04-08
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2018 18:32:41
1 On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 18-04-07 08:39:39, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> W dniu pią, 06.04.2018 o godzinie 17∶27 -0500, użytkownik Matthew Thode
4 >> napisał:
5 >> > On 18-04-07 00:16:20, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
6 >> > > Am Freitag, 6. April 2018, 21:46:31 CEST schrieb David Abbott:
7 >> > >
8 >> > > > >
9 >> > > > > If nothing else this might also be a way to reduce the workload on the
10 >> > > > > Foundation so that they can focus more on getting the paperwork caught
11 >> > > > > up vs actually having to pay for infra.
12 >> > > >
13 >> > > > So the funding is coming from the council? What will SPI use to pay infra
14 >> > > > with?
15 >> > >
16 >> > > Funding is coming from the same sources as where it comes from now. Given that
17 >> > > the new association starts from zero, it will in the beginning not have much
18 >> > > money.
19 >> > >
20 >> > > Just see it as having a second bank account, or having a second payment
21 >> > > provider in parallel.
22 >> >
23 >> > I'm not sure what it'd get us, we've had and have multple accounts
24 >> > already.
25 >> >
26 >>
27 >> Let me put it bluntly like this: all of our current resources are
28 >> endangered by incompetence of Trustees since the forming
29 >> of the Foundation. You can trivialize the problem this as much as
30 >> you need to but this is the fact until we have a really good
31 >> confirmation that the paperwork is clean.
34 > Thanks, at least it's finally admitted why this is a topic. Are you
35 > willing to help clear up the paperwork? It's not an easy task. IIRC
36 > the only remaining task to finish is the tax work. Once that's done it
37 > unblocks many things.
40 IMO one of the biggest weaknesses of our current model is that there
41 is paperwork to complete in the first place.
42
43 If there are ways to reduce the overall risk without having to
44 actually deal with the paperwork it would be desirable to consider
45 them.
46
47 That said, if somebody is willing to fix things, it certainly would
48 help. That is, if we use that as an opportunity to fix the underlying
49 issues instead of just calling it done and waiting for the paperwork
50 to end up being behind by a few years again.
53 Rich