From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 16:37:13
1 On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:11:30 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 11:53 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
5 > <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
6 > > Why someone would post 3 days later on a dead thread is beyond me...
7 > > Some people clearly have nothing better to do!
8 > >
9 > > Ever hear of letting something go?
10 >
11 > Is that what you call it when you let somebody else have the last
12 > word?
13
14 If your not expecting a reply, do not ask a question or end that way.
15 If your trying to make an argument on last word. Your essentially
16 forcing such.
17
18 I already explained this on dev...
19
20 "If I said something to a group or individual in person. Then someone
21 replied. I would not ignore their reply. That is rude and
22 disrespectful. What others see as noise is me being polite and replying
23 to those who have replied to my post. It is not trying to get the last
24 word. It is simply being polite as I would in person. I would not walk
25 away mid discussion. Would you in person?"
26 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/9b8cc11a5b94df7a9eaa42442b5e71bb
27
28 When someone composes an email, and says;
29 "William, could you please..."
30
31 That is CLEARLY addressed directly to me. Just like if someone walked
32 up to you and said that. Would you walk away or respond?
33
34 I guess I should be rude, ignore the message and not reply... They made
35 a request direct request to me, ending in a question mark.
36 Thus I replied. Exactly as I am now.
37
38 Rich, I thought you had the thread on "mute".... :)
41 William L. Thomson Jr.