From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 17:29:56
On Thu, 18 May 2017 05:05:32 +1200
Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2017 11:41:06 -0400 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote: > > > I stopped long ago due to the people running Gentoo's Github. > > Find people on the inside who you trust and can co-operate with.
There are very few left, off hand listed in order Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog) Really the only one for java stuff and is short on time. Some stuff like Tomcat PR falls back on me, as I used to maintain it. I mentioned that to him and it fell back on me. He is also very busy and barely has time for the packages he maintains. Which ended up including Tomcat in my absence. Benda XU ( heroxbd) Likely last resort but has potential, has some interest in Java some interaction over java-ebuilder and related. I rather not distract him from his efforts on recruiting others. I believe he has brought on a few other devs. Patrick Lauer (patrick) I did proxy for years via but it was a waste of his time really. Likely still an option. Though that was never Java stuff it was other, assp, firebird, etc. Mike Frysinger (vapier) One I trust the most, but I would never bother him with proxying bs, total waste of his time and others. Diego Elio Pettenò (flameeyes) Same as mike, trusted but would never bother. I did ask for help on a package sometime back and he was very responsive and helpful. Not sure he is very active in Gentoo these days. However remove me entirely. Who is there to proxy Java stuff to tree? Trivial stuff is handled, but complex? Who is working with contributors? How easy is it for other Java contributors to get their work into tree? Anyone around to do such? Or any who even cares? The problems extend far beyond myself. Java is NOT the only area, just an example. The firebird situation is funny and also involves Github... -- William L. Thomson Jr.